Wednesday, November 17, 2010

22 weeks on my 26th Birthday!

Two milestones in one day!!! I don't know if I can handle all of the excitement! :) Life is great! I have no complaints. Pregnancy is going well, work is going well and life in general is just great! I ordered her bedding on Sunday night...fingers crossed that I like it in person! Mark and I also registered at Babies R' Us and Target last Saturday. I am not happy with Target though. The guy at the counter had no idea what he was doing with the scanner and scanned a game to show a lady, then he couldn't remove it! Of course the website is messed up and it will not let me get on to delete the item....so long story short....if you get on our registry...disregard the DS game!

My birthday has been absolutely fabulous! I woke up to cards from Mark, Beans, Grace and our Baby Girl...she is one smart cookie! :) I also went to work and was greeted with a surprise party from my class, I got flowers at work from Mark, Beans, Grace and Baby L, and then later in the afternoon flowers from my mom and dad!!! Let's just say I felt very loved! :)

22 week belly shot....

Flowers from my parents...

Flowers from Mark, Grace, Beans & Baby L...
The poster my class made me...

What is Baby L doing at 22 weeks???
At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. Her lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and she's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath her gums. Her eyes have formed, but her irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers her body and the deep wrinkles on her skin, which she'll sport until she adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside her belly, her pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.

I hope everyone is having a great week! Thanks again for making my birthday so special! I feel so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends!

Love,
Missy

3 comments:

  1. You look wonderful! I am so glad you had such a special day! We love you more than words!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I love seeing your bump, so cute! Glad you had such a great birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Do you have or have you seen "In the Womb"? It's an awesome video that documents each week in the baby's life. I think it's from National Geographic.

    ReplyDelete