Wednesday, March 9, 2011

38 weeks

I will start by saying this week has been interesting...
I went to the doctor on Tuesday and my blood pressure was up, so Monday ended up being my last day of work. He wants me to stay at home and rest until she arrives. My official last day was planned for Friday, so it wasn't too far off. I will be 38 weeks tomorrow and we are just kind of playing the blood pressure situation by ear for now. I am planning on calling Dr. C back in the morning and seeing if they want me to come in for another check like he had mentioned Tuesday. Right now it seems to be fluctuating a bit, so we will see what tomorrow brings.

On a brighter note, her room is finished! Pictures are below:


Only 2 weeks or less....what is Camryn up to???
Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.

Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)

I will let you know if anything exciting happens tomorrow. As for now, I am back to the couch for more rest time! Hope everyone has a great end to the week!

Love,
Mark & Missy

1 comment:

  1. I have definitely played the waiting game. I hope she comes soon!

    ReplyDelete