Thursday, December 2, 2010

24 weeks down!

Hello everyone! I am happy to report that today marks 24 weeks....only 16 to go!!! I can't believe it! I am feeling great! I moved to a different class at work so it has helped a lot! I am now with 8-14 months and it is a lot more relaxed! Baby L is moving up a storm these days! I still haven't been able to time it right for Mark to feel her though. I go back to the doctor tomorrow so we will see how we are doing....hopefully I haven't gained TOO much weight! Mark's birthday was a couple of days ago and I have had a hard time staying out of the D.Q. ice cream cake, plus we had 4 Thanksgivings since my last appointment! :)

What is Baby L up to this week???
Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts her at just over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), she cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon start to plump up. Her brain is also growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

Here I am at 24 weeks....don't mind the lovely look I have going on! I hadn't put my work shirt on yet! :)
I hope everyone has a great week! If I remember, I will update after my appointment tomorrow!

Love,
Mark & Missy

1 comment: