Wednesday, January 19, 2011

31 weeks...

9 weeks from tomorrow is my due date! Whoa...that is going to be here very soon! :) This week has been full of doctor encounters! I thought I was getting over the bronchitis and went back to work on Friday. I did alright and was okay for our birth class and Emily's birthday dinner on Saturday. Then, Saturday night I started having this awful pain in my upper side under my armpit. I let it go until Sunday morning and then I started to wonder if maybe the bronchitis was turning into pneumonia. I called the doctor on-call and he told me to go to the E.R. and have a chest x-ray because if it has turned to pneumonia they need to know for Camryn's sake! Well, thankfully I do not have pneumonia. My lungs were still very full and they sent me home with a nebulizer to do breathing treatments. I had an OB appointment yesterday and they think that I actually broke a rib from coughing and that is why I am having so much pain in my side. The only treatment is time, so I am trying to take it easy and just deal with the pain. Other than that, the pregnancy is going great! Camryn has officially turned and is head down! She is also measuring right on time! :) I go back to the doctor on February 1st and we have a second 4d ultrasound scheduled for February 5th! Baby shower invites are in the mail too! I cannot believe we are coming down the home stretch! Mark and I are beyond excited and cannot wait to hold our little girl! We love her so much!!!

What is Camryn doing this week???
This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. She weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. She can turn her head from side to side, and her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath her skin. She's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

Please continue to pray for my speedy recovery. The doctor said it could take weeks for my rib to heal, so I am just trying to adjust to being almost 8 months pregnant with a broken rib! I just feel blessed to know that Camryn is still okay and we get to meet her soon! :)
Have a great weekend!!!

Love,

Mark & Missy

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing your progress! It makes me remember all of those good times. :) Hoping for your speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete