Wednesday, January 5, 2011

29 weeks!

29 weeks tomorrow...we are almost to the final countdown! 11 weeks or less to go! I went to the doctor today and everything is going great! He did mention that my weight shot up a bit this month, but he said that is to be expected since it was the holidays! Hah! :) I go back in 2 weeks....January 18th to be exact! Tonight I put together Camryn's bassinet....well...with the help of Mark, of course! I LOVE it! I also ordered the letters for her wall in her room! I think tomorrow I may order her mattress!!! I am checking things off of the list! :)

Here I am at 29 weeks:
Front view:


Side view:
And some pictures of the bassinet:


What is little Miss Camryn up to in week 29???

Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (
like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain. To meet her increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because her bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

I hope that everyone has an enjoyable rest of the week and weekend! Mark and I are off to our first child birthing class on Saturday! :) Wish us luck!!!!

Love,
Mark & Missy

2 comments:

  1. Dear Melissa,
    I remember every detail from the time I found out I was expecting you until the momemt dad held you...I love you so much and am so happy for you & Mark.Camryn is very lucky and I am sure she has amazing parents! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, you aren't the only one who's weight jumped this week ;) LOL

    ReplyDelete