Wednesday, January 12, 2011

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!!!!

10 more weeks left!!!!!

I know I say this in every post, but I CANNOT believe it! Baby showers are in the planning and the final "to-do" list is being made of things that need to be done before Camryn's arrival! Things have been pretty crazy around here. I have been sick since Friday and haven't been able to work. I have had the flu and after a second doctor visit yesterday, I now have bronchitis. It has definitely not been a fun week, but Mark has been amazing as always and has been waiting on me hand and foot! We had our first child birthing class last Saturday and it was fun! I am sure I would have enjoyed it a lot more had I felt better, but it was still a good time! We watched a couple of videos and learned a lot of relaxation techniques! All of us ladies even got a lot of massages from our husbands during the class, so who could complain! :) Next Saturday is our final class and we will be touring labor and delivery....I am really excited about that one!!! Our class is full of women expecting boys...Camryn was one of 2 girls out of 10 couples! Other than me being sick this week, the pregnancy is going well. Camryn has been very active and according to the doctors all of this sickness shouldn't have any negative effect on her. I go back to the doctor this Tuesday.

Checking in on Camryn during week 30:
Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

I hope everyone is having a better week than me! Send prayers for me to be over this illness too!

Love,
Mark & Missy

2 comments:

  1. Wow--I can't believe you only have 10 weeks left either! She'll be here before we know it! I hope you're starting to feel better! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of yourself! You need to get all the rest and quiet time you can now...the weeks are clicking off at a fast pace and she will be here before you know it!!!
    We love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete