Where to start???
I felt absolutely terrible all day Tuesday at work, but attributed it to morning sickness and just thought it was going to be a bad day. That afternoon I started vomiting and headed home early for the day. After a rough night and morning yesterday we went in for our scheduled appointment and I was sent to the hospital to be admitted for i.v. fluids and medication. We were at the hospital for around 5 hours (I think), I slept through the majority of the experience. Of course Baby Lowry couldn't make things any easier....we couldn't get a heartbeat reading on the doppler....partly because it was very old and partly because the doctor said I was so dehydrated that my bladder wasn't pushing my uterus up close enough to get a read on it. I got a little worried initially even though I was reassured everything was fine. They did and ultrasound and we got to see the baby. It was so amazing!!! Baby L is no longer a blob, it is a dancing machine! It took my breath away and made all of the vomiting worth it. The baby had a heart rate of 165bpm. We also got our due date changed to 3/24/10. Last night was still pretty rough, but I am feeling much better this morning.
11 weeks, what is Baby L up to besides having a dance party???
Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden.
She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.
I hope everyone enjoys the long Labor Day weekend!
Love,
Mark & Missy
AND what about your fabulous nurse who made you toast, tea, chicken and noodles, sherbert????HELLOOOOO
ReplyDeleteAnd might I add....a big thank you to my mom who drove down last night and stayed! She took awesome care of me today while Mark was at work! Love you momma!
ReplyDeleteGlad everything's okay! Hope you get feeling better soon though.
ReplyDeleteThere's NOTHING like having your mom there when your sick :) Glad you and your ballerina/kickboxer are doing well!
ReplyDelete