Thursday, September 16, 2010

Lucky 13!!!

I have a lot of different things to post about today, so it is all going into one big post. Enjoy!

1. 13 weeks...
First and foremost, I am 13 weeks pregnant today!!! Seriously, every week that goes by I get more and more excited. A week closer to 18 weeks, a week closer to finding out who is in there, a week closer to meeting our baby! We are truly so blessed. I never thought I would say that I looked forward to going to the doctor, but now I honestly count down the time between appointments!

2. Movement?
Call me crazy, but when I was laying on my side last night in bed I swear I felt Tiny Dancer in there busting a move. I have read online that some people do feel the baby move this early. I don't know, I could just be wanting it so badly, but I honestly think that is what I felt. It was definitely not something I was familiar with.

3. Furniture
We weren't originally planning on getting the furniture for the nursery this early, but my mom was down on Tuesday and we stopped at Babies R' Us because I wanted to show her what we had picked out. We found out they are having a great sale through Sunday and my parents offered to buy the crib. We are going tomorrow to order the crib, changing table/dresser combo and also possibly the rocker....not sure on that one yet! A big thanks to my parents for the crib though. It is definitely a huge help and something we will get a lot of use out of!

4. Job, what job?
For those of you who don't already know, I quit my job last Friday. I had an appointment with my doctor on Thursday and we had already discussed the physical stress that lifting children all day was putting on my body. Not to mention I ended up in the hospital with the flu that I had gotten from working there. Throw in some other issues and after Mark & I discussed the situation we both agreed that it was better for me and the baby to leave the daycare. I can honestly say that I feel like a new person. I feel like I can really thoroughly enjoy this pregnancy and be healthy and ready for our baby.

5. Project....
Okay, so I had mentioned in a previous post that I had a project for all of you. Well, when I turned 16 among the gifts that my parents got me was a book of letters from my friends and family. It was the coolest thing ever and one of my favorite gifts. I got to read how everyone felt about me and it really made me realize how loved I was. I couldn't tell you how many times I have gone back and read letters from that book.
That book gave me the idea for the project. I would like all of our family and friends to write a letter to Baby Lowry. Tell Baby L how you felt when you heard that he/she was on the way and anything else you may want to include. I am going to keep these in the baby book and may ask everyone to write one every year on the baby's birthday. I thought this would be a neat way for the baby to be able to look back years down the road and know how wanted and loved he/she is. If you need my address please send me a facebook message or text and I will get it to you. Thanks so much in advance!

Love,
Mark & Missy

2 comments:

  1. The book sounds like a good idea, Missy! I am sure you did not have to twist your mom's arm on the crib thing!!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I think I was about 14-16 weeks when I felt my babies move. It's such an awesome feeling!

    ReplyDelete