Today is officially the 12 week marker! We have made it out of the first trimester!!! What a milestone. You never realize how long 12 weeks can be until you have had a miscarriage and worry through the first trimester. Today I heard the most beautiful thing...I heard our baby's heart beat. I was so sad that Mark didn't get to be there, but I recorded it on my cell phone for him. Last time we went to the doctor the doppler wasn't working correctly so we couldn't hear it. Today, the baby was being stubborn and moving around so much that they had a hard time finding it. I even heard a noise that the doctor explained was movement. I was truly amazed and in love. Our next appointment is October 8. I will be 16 weeks along then...doesn't that seem crazy???
Since the ultrasound last week we have been calling the baby "Tiny Dancer". Soooo.....lets see what Tiny Dancer is up to this week????
The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.
Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.
P.S. I tried really hard to upload the heartbeat on here for everyone to hear, but couldn't get it to work right. I will keep trying. Also, I will try and get a belly shot up soon too! I am starting to grow!
Much love,
Mark & Missy
No post about BIG FINGER???
ReplyDeleteSo exciting! We are ALL so happy for you - - - and tiny dancer!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSorry I removed my previous post, Missy. After I read it, I thought it sounded a bit dorky. Yes, I know that is what my usual posts are like anyway, and you have come to expect that (and a picture) from me.
ReplyDeleteAnyway....Angie and I were just talking about you today and how happy we are for you!! Love you!!!:D