Thursday, October 28, 2010

Can't get my mind....

...off of this little girl!
I am officially 19 weeks today! I can't believe that I am almost to the halfway point! I go to the doctor again on Wednesday 11/3 for my 20 week appointment. This week has been a pretty busy week....I started my new job this week at our church's Christian Academy as a 2 year old teacher! I was VERY excited to start this job, but let me just say that I am EXHAUSTED!!!! My weekends and evenings are much needed! :) The nice part is that it is only 2 minutes from our house and I get to come home for an hour for lunch!

What is our little girl up to this week???
Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.

Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!! :)

Love,
Mark & Missy

4 comments:

  1. Love you!!! I can't wait to be her, Aunt Emily!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my,my...you know since we know she is a girl and have seen all these pictures of her sucking her thumb and her little foot...well it makes the waiting even harder!!!WE are so so happy for you!!!
    G.C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS...may be time to start singing "Johnny Angel" to her!!!! :)
    G.C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think she needs a slice of bread!:)

    ReplyDelete